Our annual Grants Program is the heartbeat of our mission. Through the work of our volunteer Grants Committee and the collective giving of our membership, we are able to make impact grants to Smith County nonprofits whose work enriches the lives of women and children in our community. We offer a comprehensive Grants Training Seminar for applicants each May, and our grants application opens online in June. Read on below to find out if your organization may be eligible to participate in our grant application process.
To provide large impact grants to support nonprofit agencies benefiting women and children in the Tyler/Smith County area.
Areas of Focus for Funding
The Women’s Fund of Smith County provides grant support for arts & culture, education, health & wellness and human services for women and/or children.
Grant Eligibility Requirements
- Applicant is not receiving and/or utilizing grant funding from Women’s Fund in 2022
- Applicant is a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization with an active, functioning board of directors
- Organization’s yearly operating budget is $120,000 or more
Grant request is for $30,000 to $100,000
- Project Proposal is focused on Arts & Culture, Education, Health & Wellness, or Human Services to significantly impact the lives of WOMEN and/or CHILDREN
- Proposal is a new program or expansion of a current program. This may include the resumption or expansion of an existing program that was halted or curtailed as a result of Covid 19
- Recipients of services must be Smith County residents
- Services must be provided in Smith County, without discrimination, and take place in 2023
- Organization has the ability to sustain the project
Funding will not be considered for the following:
- Grants to individuals
- Budget deficits/debt retirement or restructuring
- Capital Campaigns (Capital Asset requests are allowed)
- General operating funds for existing programs
- Religious/sectarian causes for strictly religious or sectarian purposes
- Political or lobbying activities
2022 Grant Application Process is closed.
Please check back for 2023 Grant Application Information.