To provide large impact grants to support nonprofit agencies benefiting women and children in the Tyler/Smith County area.
Areas of Focus for Funding
The Women’s Fund of Smith County provides grant support for arts & culture, education, health & wellness and human services for women and/or children. Each year the membership votes to determine the current area of focus.
The Area of Focus for 2020 Grants will be determined in April 2019.
Grant Eligibility Requirements
- Applicant is a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization with an active, functioning board of directors.
- Recipients of services must be Smith County residents and services must be provided in Smith County without discrimination.
- Organization's yearly operating budget is $120,000 or more.
- Grant request is for $30,000 to $100,000.
- Organization in not receiving funding from the Women's Fund of Smith County in 2019.
- Project Proposal must significantly impact the lives of WOMEN and/or CHILDREN.
- Project proposal is for a new program or expansion of an existing program.
- Organization has the ability to sustain the project.
Funding will not be considered for the following:
- Grants to individuals
- Budget deficits/debt retirement or restructuring
- Capital Campaigns (Capital Asset requests are allowed)
- General operating expense for current projects
- Religious/sectarian causes for strictly religious or sectarian purposes
- Political or lobbying activities