To provide large impact grants to support nonprofit agencies benefiting women and children in the Tyler/Smith County area.
Areas of Focus for Funding
The Women’s Fund of Smith County provides grant support for arts & culture, education, health & wellness and human services for women and/or children.
Grant Eligibility Requirements
- Applicant is a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization with an active, functioning board of directors
- Organization's yearly operating budget is $120,000 or more
- Grant request is for $30,000 to $100,000
- Organization is not receiving and/or utilizing grant funding from the Women's Fund of Smith County in 2020.
- Project Proposal is focused on Arts & Culture, Education, Health & Wellness, or Human Services to significantly impact the lives of WOMEN and/or CHILDREN
- Recipients of services must be Smith County residents
- Services must be provided in Smith County, without discrimination, and take place in 2021
- Project Proposal is for a new program or expansion of an existing program
- Organization has the ability to sustain the project
Funding will not be considered for the following:
- Grants to individuals
- Budget deficits/debt retirement or restructuring
- Capital Campaigns (Capital Asset requests are allowed)
- General operating expense for current projects
- Religious/sectarian causes for strictly religious or sectarian purposes
- Political or lobbying activities