To provide large impact grants to support nonprofit agencies benefiting women and children in the Tyler/Smith County area.
Areas of Focus for Funding
The Women’s Fund of Smith County provides grant support for education, health issues, human services and arts and culture for women and/or children. Each year the membership votes to determine the current area of focus.
The Area of Focus for 2019 Grants is
The Grants Committee will accept grant proposals from nonprofit agencies, related to any of our four Focus Areas: Arts & Culture, Education, Health Issues, or Human Services.
Grant Eligibility Requirements
- Applicant is a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization with a Smith County based governance board.
- Organization's yearly operating budget is $120,000 or more.
- Grant request is for $30,000 to $100,000.
- Organization in not receiving funding from the Women's Fund of Smith County in 2018.
- Project Proposal is focused on Arts & Culture, Education, Health Issues, or Human Services to significantly impact the lives of WOMEN and/or CHILDREN.
- Services for this project will be provided to residents of Smith County and take place in 2019.
- Project proposal is for a new program or expansion of an existing program.
- Organization has the ability to sustain the project.
Funding will not be considered for the following:
- Grants to individuals.
- Budget deficits/debt retirement or restructuring capital campaigns (Capital Asset requests are allowed.)
- General operating expense for current projects.
- Religious/sectarian causes for strictly religious or sectarian purposes.
- Political or lobbying activities.